Monday, July 31, 2017

If you presented a slideshow about an author's life...

Name the author you researched. Describe how you feel about the process and product. (minimum 200 words) If you are willing, post a link to the slideshow.


(Skip a line between paragraphs.)

4 comments:

  1. I researched the author Sandra Cisneros. The only book that we had read about her was The House on Mango Street. I feel that it was hard for me to come up with 10 or so slides on her because the book I was researching was made up of vignettes. We generally got the message of her life, how she felt about the world, and what everyday objects that represented her. This lead to how I felt the process went.

    It took more time than I had expected because I tried to make each slide thought provoking. Therefore I created a question at the end of each slide to see my classmates overtake on the book. I also took many scenarios from the book and related them to my main topic of the slide show: the struggle of self-definition. Hoping that this would create my classmates to view my take on the book compared to theirs.

    For the overall process, I feel that I got my point across and expressed how my opinion was different than when we had talked about it all together. I was trying to get the class to open their minds not to change their minds. I think that I did accomplish this, yet not many classmates did respond, I feel that I made them think on how my points were true and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading about your experience is very interesting. I like how you said "I was trying to get the class to open their minds, not to change their minds," and how you were honest about the difficulty of coming up with information to put on your slides. It was awesome how you incorporated scenarios from the book into your slides, and ending each slide with a question was a great way to get the class engaged. Awesome job!

      Delete
  2. My presentation was on William Shakespeare but more specifically it was focused on the analytic factors of the play of Romeo and Juliet which we read earlier this semester. I feel like when we read Romeo and Juliet in class our main focus was to understand the play which was done through the daily homework questions we had every night. Doing this presentation was
    helpful in a way that it allowed me to reflect more deeply from where Shakespeare was coming from and what themes and motifs he was trying to portray.
    Making this presentation definitely took longer than what I thought it would take to make it so if I were to make a presentation similar to this I would definitely make sure to give myself more time to complete it. It was very interesting however to do some of the research for some of the slides. The slide I enjoyed researching the most about was probably the one related with Shakespeare In Love and what parts were fact vs which parts were fiction.
    While making my presentation I also decided to have a similar approach to Grace’s presentation of asking questions to the class so that it would keep the audience involved. The only thing I would do differently if I were to present again is perhaps give the audience more time to think about the questions because the type of questions I asked definitely take time to think about. In other words they are very reflective or specific. I enjoyed presenting overall, and I hope that I was able to show the class some of the potential themes Shakespeare used in his wonderful work of Romeo and Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting how you seem to have looked at the book/play through the eyes of Shakespeare and that you thought about how he came across his story and the themes of his story and what inspired his work. I like how you used questions in your slideshow and I thought that the questions you chose to ask were very thought provoking.

      Delete